Ryk

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:21:19 -0500, rhys wrote:

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:08:16 GMT, "Keith"
wrote:

Oops, sorry. It's illegal to discharge even olive oil...
http://www.epa.gov/oilspill/vegoil.htm

Hmm...so if I put "bio-diesel" in my boat engine obtained by back-yard
distillation of Chinese deep-fryer cast-offs, will I be breaking the
law if a drop of wok leavings scented lightly with pork flies out the
stern?

Looks like you just have to follow the same precautions you would with
ordinary diesel, which doesn't seem unreasonable.

There *is* a sensible middle ground here, but it's notoriously hard to
find middle ground on water, I find.

Check the charts of the St. Clair River just south of Port Huron /
Sarnia (and a bunch of other places) for something clearly labelled
"middle ground" that you very much don't want to find ;-)

Ryk