Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:39:50 GMT, "QL" wrote:

I recently bid on three different four wheelers on Ebay. Each time I was
outbid in the last few seconds and then received a "2nd chance offer" from
each of these sellers which can only make me think that the seller was
bidding against me as long as I would continue to bid and then contacting me
as though the winning bidder had reneged. Hell!, I bought a new 2005
Rancher for only $500 more than a used 2004. Boats can still be bought at
a good price on Ebay but buyer beware.

I know for a fact that this is a standard practice on eBay and can
introduce you to several folks who practice this on a regular basis.
I know a "purchaser" who has one of those quadruple bizzillion highest
quality buyer rating who hasn't bought anything from or on eBay in
three or four years.

Consider this. I bid on some red Cajun line, 8 lb test and I put a
price on it equal to what I can buy it from Bass Pro Shops plus
shipping and handling. The same person over bid against me raising
the price to a ridiculous level, won the "auction" and I get an email
from the seller saying he's willing to knock off a couple of bucks off
the highest bid - did I want the line? At twice the price (when
shipping/handling was included) of Bass Pro Shops.

Yeah right.

eBay was great for a while, but if you want to buy something, get it
on sale at a retailers web site or just go to a store - eBay sucks.

All the best,

Tom

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004