P.Fritz

"QL" wrote in message news:atond.2$TG2.1@trnddc01...
I recently bid on three different four wheelers on Ebay. Each time I was
outbid in the last few seconds and then received a "2nd chance offer" from
each of these sellers which can only make me think that the seller was
bidding against me as long as I would continue to bid and then contacting
me
as though the winning bidder had reneged. Hell!, I bought a new 2005
Rancher for only $500 more than a used 2004. Boats can still be bought
at
a good price on Ebay but buyer beware.
BTW, the Honda dealer in Elkins W.Va sold me a 2005 Rancher for $4453 OTD,
which was $546 cheaper than I could get it in Texas. Since we were going
WV to deer hunt anyway, we just picked it up there. so if you need a 4
wheeler.......
QL

I've seen plenty of items bid up higher on ebay than you can buy directly
elsewhere online.

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in
message
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:51:52 -0500, "Spear Chucky"
wrote:

I thought the advent of online purchase was to find deals.

Shopping for new SCUBA stuff isn't paying off in savings.

For example, I purchased a AB Biller 48" speargun for $200.00 at Scuba

Quest
in Orlando and every place online it was considerably more. I lost the

tip
last time out and a replacement 'is' anywhere from $17.00 to $24.00

online.
Retail the tip is 19.95.

The same is true for cigars. I pay $82 w/tax for a box (25) of Hoyo de
Monterrey, double corona maduros. I've never seen them cheaper online

So what ever happened to the incentive to buy online?

Used to be you could actually have an honest auction on eBay too.

That's life.

Later,

Tom