Tony Rowlands

Default Iridium Sat Phone Antenna

My wife and I are travelling around the world in our yacht. We are
currently in Thailand carrying out some repairs on the boat.
We have an Iridium Sat Phone that allows us to communicate by voice
and email via the uuplus.com service.
The fixed masthead antenna seems to have developed a fault and we can
find no info in Thailand or on the net about its circuit or test
parameters.
The antenna is a motorola model that has a spiral antenna some 4
inches tall with a small number of surface mount resistors all encased
in a conical plastic housing. The resistance measured by a multimeter
if 55 Ohms on the connector. Is the antenna active or passive.
Thanking you in advance.
Tony Rowlands
S/V Ambrosia