Jim

Spear Chucky wrote:

I thought the advent of online purchase was to find deals.

Shopping for new SCUBA stuff isn't paying off in savings.

For example, I purchased a AB Biller 48" speargun for $200.00 at Scuba Quest
in Orlando and every place online it was considerably more. I lost the tip
last time out and a replacement 'is' anywhere from $17.00 to $24.00 online.
Retail the tip is 19.95.

The same is true for cigars. I pay $82 w/tax for a box (25) of Hoyo de
Monterrey, double corona maduros. I've never seen them cheaper online

So what ever happened to the incentive to buy online?

Scuba equipment, like boating equipment and accessories, don't fall into
the commodities category. Wth Scuba, I've always preferred to deal
locally. These are the folks that not only need your business, but you
need theirs! i.e. equipment maintenance. Imagine if you had to mail
your regulator somewhere to get serviced.

-Jim