Peter Wiley

In article , OzOne wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:56:35 GMT,
scribbled thusly:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:45:30 +1100, Peter Wiley
wrote:

IOW, you didn't understand anything about cellphone technology. What I
figured so further explanation is wasted.

Bottom line is, I have a cellphone that works to over 60 km off the
coast of a huge and sparsely populated continent. You have one that
doesn't even work off the coast of NYC - assuming you actually ever get
more than 100m from the dock, which is doubtful.

PDW

What a complete imbecile!

I know a lot more about cellular technology (on a professional level) than
you
could ever get your arms around, dufus.

BB

Then you should know that Peter has a CDMA phone that will do just as
he says!

Pretty funny when the clueless manage a really good foot shot, Oz.
After all it was WhineyPill that told us that his high tech state of
the art cellphone system didn't work off of the coast of one of the
world's biggest cities!

Ah well my ship leaves at 1700 today, without me for this voyage, so
I'm gonna splash the daysailer and go play on the Channel. Right now
it's blowing 30+ so I don't think we'll venture too far, but what the
hell. Plenty of little coves on Bruny and it's perfect weather for a
chilled white wine and fresh oysters.

Pilly and Donal can enjoy the onset of winter. I'll be in Sydney in a
couple of weeks before I go to Fremantle - drinks at the Newport Inn
and bodysurfing at North Palm Beach.........

PDW