Paul Schilter

Default pontoon on the gulf of mexico

Greg,
I agree completely. Furthest out I usually went was about four miles
because that afforded us privacy. Never felt comfortable enough to try
diving the barges which I was told were about ten miles out. In calm seas
they're great, in a three foot chop they're wet and cold. In the bays you
can't get more bank for the buck. BTW - Happy holidays to you and yours.
Paul

"Greg" wrote in message
I see a whole lot more
around Ft. Myers Beach in Florida.

It is the perfect boat if you hang out in the bays but there are still

plenty
of guys who run out to the artificial reefs in them.
I am not talking about sailing to CanCun or Key West. I assumed we were

just
talking about a short ride a few miles out in the gulf on a calm winter

day.