Harry Krause

Default Souders & Fishing

Rick wrote:

Grumpy wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hear a theory the other day, what do you think. Once you have located your
fishing spot on the sounder, it is an idea to tun the sounder off. I was
told it spooks the fish.

Any ideas?

Alan

nonsense!

If you are in shallow, relatively quiet waters, you want to keep the
"audible noise" *on* the boat to a minimum - the moving around, the
dropping of gear, the creaking of seats, whatever. That's the kind of
noise you want to prevent. Fish are spooked by those types of noises.
The noise of an electric trolling motor, for example, will spook
redfish. I've not heard or read that the frequencies emanating from a
sounder affect fish.

--
Email sent to is never read.