NOYB

Default Which of you Dems hacked Google ??

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Bush actually *may* be reasonably intelligent in some apsects.

Intelligence has
many facets. Whatever his other skills might be, even the most devout

apologist
has to admit that Bush's *verbal* IQ

Several sources confirm that Bush scored
1206 (out of 1600) on his SAT. 566 verbal and 640 math.

Hmmmm. He scored 16 points higher on the verbal section than I. I guess
why I don't see anything wrong with the guy. ;-)

My scores=550 verbal/710 math. I took the test my junior year in high
school. A 1260 was good enough for state schools, so I didn't bother to
take it again my senior year.

Additional indication
that his intelligence is not particularly verbal.

566 is better than the average.

I wonder if scores of 566 (out of 800 possible) and 640 (again, out of

800)
were strong enough to qualify for admission to an Ivy League school in

1968?

A 1206 was pretty good 35 years ago. Today, kids are either smarter...or
they've dumbed down the test.

Here's a surprise- a guy that I would have thought was more verbal than
pragmatic isn't! Al Gore, a reasonably gifted speaker, scored 625 on the
verbal SAT and 730 on the math. That's not a bad math score.

The ability to speak in public is a very poor indicator of a person's
intelligence, IMO. Some people just don't perform well in public
speaking...but relate amazingly well in one-on-one dialogue. I suspect that
this describes Bush.