Royalld

Marvelous - thanks for the input. I'm curious, though, how it took 4 days.

I sent you a private e-mail about this but in case someone else is
interested...

Howard Wells designed the arch, custom tailored to our boat. He likes to
measure each boat, himself; but you can send him your dimensions if you're too
far away. He hired engineering students, from the local college (I didn't ask
which school), to help build and install the arch. It took them several days in
the shop, before we got there, to fashion the arch. Jill and I rented a car
and traveled inland during the installation, but this is what I believe took
place over the four days...

Day 1: Remove the existing stern rails from Shibumi, our CSY44 sailboat, and
take them to Wells' facility.

Day 2: Marry Shibumi's stern rails to the new arch... this took place at Wells'
shop.

Day 3: Transport arch to boat and begin installation... Wells' shop is inland
about three miles or more from the ICW in Pompano Beach.

Day 4: Complete the installation, including the installation of 4 solar panels.
I already had the panels.

Dave
http://shibumi.us