John Cairns

"Thom Stewart"
wrote in message ...

John,

I really don't know where to start a reply to your post. I know you sure
have history twisted around.

First lets take Lindbergh. He warned us and Europe about Hitler and his
strength and was ignored. Did you ever hear of the saying "Peace in our
time"? That was said after Lindbergh warning, which Europe didn't want to
hear.

http://www.traces.org/charleslindbergh.html

Your hero, Lindbergh. All of this stuff has been in the public domain for
years. You must be the last person on the planet that didn't know about
this.

About external forement, my God where have you learned your history. Do
you know how Cuba and the Philippines came into being after the Spanish
American War,

Not exactly sure what this had to do with my original post. Oh, I see. Well,
let me explain briefly. The Cubans and Filipinos didn't revolt against the
Spanish, we occupied those countries. So you consider Cuba to be a success?
There are a LOT of Cubans in south Florida that would disagree with you. As
far as the Philippines go, you are probably completely clueless about any of
this, so you can ignore the title, "Imperial Amnesia", which would imply
that you knew some of this at one time or another.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/54a/index-a.html

Really, Thom, all of this information is at your fingertips, literally.

Have you ever heard of the Truman Doctrine and the Marshall Plan?
The Lendlease Plan, Berlin Airlift, The Formation of the UN, Nato. The
creation of Israel.

When you comment on a post, it helps if you leave some of the original, if
only so you don't forget what was written. Try this:

"In the 20's, under 3 successive Republican administration, the US
followed a policy of isolationism and non-engagement, as did a clear
majority of the population."

Part of my original post, I might have added, the isolationist sentiments of
a majority of Americans continued up until Pearl Harbor, fortunately the
Roosevelt administration("Lend Lease"), didn't share those sentiments.

Berlin airlift, formation of the UN, the Marshall Plan, formation of NATO
all occurred during the Truman administration

My only comment to you is cure yourself of the myopic view of World
History. You really do seem to be missing a lot.

It appears that I've forgotten more than you ever knew.

Ole Thom