Evan Gatehouse

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
Evan, what is recommended as the preferable technique for transducer
embedding ?

Thank you,
Courtney

I've used silicone and epoxy. Had better results with epoxy. My current
boat has a Garmin 120 that is rated to 600' and I reach 800' with it in salt
water. It is shooting through a fairly thin outer fiberglass skin on a foam
cored boat though.

Last boat had a Raytheon 265 that was epoxy glued and got easily 300'+ but
often dropped signal in the muddy Cheseapeake in shallow water.

We also had an Eagle glued with silicone (came with the boat) that worked
o.k. too until the display died.

Garmin recommended epoxy glued.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)