Leanne

I need to haul my boat, using a tractor-trailer rig, from NC to Port
Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia and would like to know the best route.

I would think that whomever you contracted for the hauling would already
have routes to the northeast. We have hauled large utility and travel
trailers that way, going 95 and taking 495 around Washington and 695 around
Baltimore and using the Key Bridge. Take the Perth Amboy exit off the NJ
Turnpike and going on 287 and around to the Tappan zee Bridge and then back
over on 95. From there it is to the 395 up through Worcester to the 495
around Boston and back to 95. Another way is 95 to Providence and take the
295 around to 495. Again we have not anything as heavy as what you listed,
but it would give you some ideas. Another thought besides the tolls is the
escorts.

Leanne