Gary Coffman

Default Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!!

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 05:34:37 GMT, Fred Ziffel wrote:
Bull****! Our industrial base has been largely closed down, exported,
and sold off. We have been put at a disadvantage in our own market.

If that were true (it isn't) how do you explain that the value of US
manufactured goods has increased 12.7% since 1997?
(Source http://www.nemw.org/mfgfact.htm )

If our industrial base has been largely closed down, who is making
those products?

It has nothing to do with "economic standing." The only reason we
continue to get away with this insane situation is because the dollar
is the worlds reserve currency (temporarily), and the financial
fascists that run America can continue to inflate the money supply and
give us the illusion of prosperity.

Inflation? The US inflation rate for November was -4.2%. In other words,
there is no inflation, we're still experiencing *deflation*. The CPI shows
an overall decline since 1993. See
http://data.bls.gov/servlet/SurveyOu...=C U_cpibrief

Even Warren Buffet seems to agree with this author. Is he just
"another leftist" drawing "unrelated conclusions" to promote his
"not-so-hidden agenda?"

snip
Because our exports total about $80 billion a month, ICs would be
issued in huge, equivalent quantities -- that is, 80 billion
certificates a month -- and would surely trade in an exceptionally
liquid market.

Buffet is a securities trader, so of course he'd favor another way
of paper trading. Money in his pocket. But it would just be another
layer of middlemen profiting on trade, without any benefit to either
producer or consumer.

Gary