Dr. Dr. Smithers

Harry spends more time updating his filter list than most of us spend
reading rec.boats.

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 08:05:22 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 03:54:31 GMT, "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
wrote:

Yawn.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
The message filter on the latest version of T'bird does indeed
"delete"
messages in their entirety so that don't even appear in my newsgroup
inbox, which is a step up from the "mark as read" dumpstering I'd been
doing previously. I'm not sure which nightly release of T'bird
incoporated this upgrade, but it is more than welcome.

Good try at a cover up, Harry. Now, please tell us why one would
retain a list of the messages 'deleted' by one's filter?

For example, when I had you kill filed, your messages just never
showed up when you were listed as the author. Granted, it was an
editing of this 'work of art' newsgroup, but it added immensely to my
reading enjoyment.

Let's keep it simple, Herring, so that you are not overwhelmed here.

You use Forte Agent. I do not. I'm not familiar with the intricacies of
Forte Agent, but I am pretty familiar with the ins-and-outs of T'bird.

T'bird allows you to keep various logs for various reasons. With me so
far? I keep various logs for various reasons.

One of the logs I keep shows me the dates, times, subject, and poster
names of those whose messages I filter out. Not the message texts...just
some of the "header" information. This lets me know the filter is
working. Why do I want to now that? Because some of those I filter out
play fun and games with their IDs or with their email addresses, and I
might have several entries for an individual. The log lets met check to
see if the filter is working properly, and whether adjustments are
needed. That's the why part.

Got it? Do you understand? Or do I have to break it down further for you?

An even better try at a cover up!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!