Harry Krause

Default Proline or Grady? Help!

jcaruso56 wrote:

Hi, I am in the market for a new/used boat,and I am looking at a -1994,
grady 272 sailfish,twin 200 OB,....and a 1996 proline 2950 ,twin 225
OB......I live in the northeast,and do a lot of offshore fishing 30 to 40
miles off.....and maybe 6 to 8 trips to the canyons,so I need it to be
seaworthy.....I have done all the homework on the outboards,and fuel economy
etc.....I can't decide which one will fit my needs,as far as a good ride in
3-4 chop,,,,... and any info would be greatly appreciated....thanks....jeff

Both are good boats, but the Grady's quality is higher. Also, I have
heard, but cannot verify or even recall where I read it, that that model
Proline had some handling problems. You're going to be spending a lot of
Euros for either of those rigs...so make sure you hire a good surveyor
and have the engines closely checked, too.

A three to four foot chop is going to prevent about any planing boat in
that size from giving a "good ride" at any decent clip of speed. Three
to four foot waves are another matter.

--
Email sent to is never read.