Dr. Dr. Smithers

Gould,

Do you disagree that your comment concerning the lily white suburbs would
not be considered bigoted based upon the definition of bigoted found in any
dictionary?

In one broad brush you made a judgment call concerning everyone who lives
outside the city limits. I am sure the minorities who live in the suburbs
would be insulted.

This is not my opinion, it is the definition of the word "bigoted" as
defined by any dictionary.

If I had made a bigoted statement concerning all (insert group here), I
would hope someone would slap me upside the head. I was hoping you would
realize you had made an extremely bigoted comment and retract it. Instead,
you take the stand I just refuse to understand your point.

I did not find your comments about me not understanding your point to be
offensive, I found your negative statements concerning anyone who lives in
the suburbs to be offensive and bigoted. When I pointed this out to you,
you decided it was time to discuss "assholes" and "turds".

You tell me who is diverting the conversation from a discussion of ideas
into name calling.

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
I was highlighting the differences between our contrasting ideas and
perspectives, you prefer to use personal insults instead of debating our
different perspectives. My comment about you being a bigot was not an
insult, it was an observation that your comments and beliefs are bigoted.

Just as the comment that set you off, (that you couldn't understand my
point
because you were choosing not to), was an observation, not an insult.

I'll have to remember the rules he

1. If Dr Dr Taco Whatever runs a side thread with one of his high fivers
making
negative comments about Gould, those aren't insults, they are
"observations".

2. If Dr Dr Taco Whatever calls Gould a bigot or any other derogatory
name,
that is not an insult, it's an observation.

3. Any comment of any type made by Gould will be considered an insult for
purposes of seeking any excuse to diverit a thread into a series of
personal
comments under the "But, Mommy, *he* started it!" treaty provision.

Once we have the rules defined, it becomes easier to anticipate your now
very
predictable MO. I "observe" that your goal in a discussion is to drag it
down
to a
level of insult exchange at the first opportunity. Too bad, really, as you
often seem a bit brighter than some folks who hang around only to fire off
insults.

(Watch those same bright folks take offense at that last sentence.) :-)