Doug Kanter

"Eisboch" wrote in message
I've often mentioned Mrs. E because she is a major influence on just
about everything I do.

As we have recently entered into the beginning of our retirement years
at a relatively early age, we have found new opportunities to enjoy
individual interests, she mostly with horses, and me still with boats.

She also enjoys spending time on the boat, but complains about how anal
I am about it sometimes. And I am. At home I am your basic slob, but on
the boat, everything is dress, right, dress and everything in it's
proper storage place. I can't help it, I am a neat freak on the boat.
I've explained to her that even though we both own the boat, there can
only be one captain.

So, when she comes down to the boat for a visit and spreads her junk all
over the place, with her 3 foot by 4 foot pocketbook taking up the whole
chart table, and her dog leaving hair all over the freshly vacuumed
carpets, I start getting nervous. Did I mention Mrs. E is a very strong
willed and emotional Italian? No stereotyping implied here; it's a
fact, Jack.

Today, she showed up at the marina on a mission. Two hours later she
left the brokerage office having left an offer on a 1982, 36' Grand
Banks Classic. This is to be "her" boat, and I have been invited to
teach her how to handle it next summer when we return from Florida.

Whew ... she never ceases to amaze me, even after 34 years.

Eisboch

Quick. Marry her again.