JohnH

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:17:24 GMT, "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
wrote:

No generalization is always correct, but I would think if you gave an IQ
test to those living below the poverty level, and then gave a IQ test to
those living in the top 10% of the US, you would find the average IQ is
substantially higher.

I would also guess if you took those whose income is in the top 25% and
compared their IQ with those living in the bottom 25%, you would see a
dramatic difference.

I do like the way when someone disagrees with you, you generalize that they
do not have an open mind.

As far as your comment about tax dollars being diverted from inner city
schools to those who live in the rich neighborhoods, that has not been
around for 20yrs. The courts will not allow any school district to divert
money from one neighborhood to another. That fact that you think this is
still done, shows that you do live in the past.

As far as your comment about "herd mentality" it would appear that you do
not have an open mind, and just love to paint anyone who is different from
you with a broad brush and you fail to see the obvious. Most cities with
historic districts have more restrictive covenants (especially those in the
strongly democratic states of New England) than any suburb covenants. That
fact that you do not understand such a simple concept says more about your
herd mentality than anything I could say.

PS - I have moved from the suburbs to the city, the difference between you
and me, is I don't like to group anyone with my preconceived ideas. I like
to look at people as individuals.

Hey, come on, he was just kidding!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,