Gould 0738

I can not understand your point.

Because you choose not to consider it with an open mind.

Do you have a problem with people buying
expensive homes or the fact that not everyone can afford expensive homes?

Of course not. I have a problem with people living in expensive homes adopting
a position that they are "smarter" (as in all the smart people moved to the
suburbs).

In the under $200,000 home, which is above the national average (I know the
west coast is expensive as hell), you will find a large percent to be owned
by non whites.

I don't think there have been any liveable homes under $200,000 in this area
for several years now. Fixer uppers are $500k. New homes in the suburbs are
usually in the 7-figure range if you want something over 2000 sq ft in a posh
neighborhood. Double that for most "gated communities".
In any area of the country, home ownership will reflect the same ethnic
proportions in which wealth itself is held. Those with more wealth tend to live
in nicer homes. Nobody should be awarded a better home than they can afford, or
conversely forced to live below their means
by virtue of race.

A large number of non-whites own homes in most communities across the country.
We're two generations away from one non-white group of super achievers owning
almost everything on the west coast. And more power to anybody willing to work
hard enough to achieve such a goal.

Do you have a problem with people buying homes based upon
their financial situation or based upon the reputation of the schools?

Nope. Merely observed that the contrived, conformist existence in Suburbia is
reflected in the voting tendencies claimed by one of the conservatives here
'bouts.

I do have a problem when the "reputation of the schools" is created by
transferring tax dollars out of inner city neighborhoods and away from inner
city schools to create state-of-the-art education centers for kids attending
more suburban schools in the same county or district.

Do
you have a problem with people who move into the suburbs?

I lived in the suburbs for a few years. Not my thing, thanks anyway. Anybody
who wants to enjoy the traffic jams, the strip malls, the automobile dependent
transportation system, the conformist neighborhoods, the Plastmo-Sign franchise
substitute for culture, etc.....is more than welcome to my space there. No, I
have no problem with those who find the meaning of life in suburbia.

As far as your other comment, most communities, apartments, condos and
cities in both the inner city and suburbs will have zoning laws governing
how property can be used.

Agreed. Most suburban communities have extra-legal covenants that give your
neighbors veto power over the type of vehicle you can ( otherwise legally) park
in your own driveway, the color you can paint your house, the type of
landscaping you can plant on your property, the size and shape of your mailbox,
etc. Much different from "Thou shalt not operate a whore house across the
street from a grade school." One is a matter of public safety and propriety,
the other is an extension of the herd mentality by a committee of neighborhood
busy bodies.