Dr. Dr. Smithers

Gould,
One other point about urban areas vs. suburban areas. In most cities the
inner city is becoming gentrified. Young professionals are buying homes in
the city, getting strict zoning and covenants passed so they will have their
investments protected. They are then bidding up the value of the homes so
they can do extensive remolding. Some of those who live in the inner city
feel it is unfair to them, because when the young professionals move in,
they have less affordable homes.

Should we view these young professionals as a blight on the inner city?

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
If you visited the school districts in suburbia, you would be surprised
how
diverse they are.

Seems that not all that long ago we had an OT post here from a guy who
lives in
Suburbia. As I recall, he was outraged that
"Mexicans" were living in a house in his neighborhood, and he was all but
completely convinced they had to be up to no good in order to afford the
payments. As I recall, the plaintiff went so far as to check property
records
with the county to see whether the property was registered to somebody
with a
Mexican sounding surname.

Ain't as integrated as you think, but it is somewhat. See the word
"primarily"
in my observation. The more expensive, cutting edge suburban neighborhoods
will
present an ethnic reflection of the way wealth is held in the US. Those
"suburban" neighborhoods closer to town, built 25-30 years ago, do seem to
be
slightly more diverse.