Gould 0738

Describe your neighborhoods for us, Chuck. Do you live in downtown
Seattle, where all the factories are producing something?

Or were you just being negative?

I was being half assed facetious, but it seems I struck a nerve mine. :-)

I do live in a neighborhood at the perimeter of downtown Seattle. We have a
large number of neighborhood shops, restaurants, art galleries, a public
library, markets, and other amenities within a ten-minute leisurely walk (yes,
"walk") from our front door. There's a park across the street. I can walk to
the Seattle Center
in about twenty-five minutes, or to the heart of downtown Seattle in about
forty.

There is not a lot of diversity in my neighborhood, either. We've lived here
for many years, but couldn't afford (or wouldn't choose to afford) to buy into
this neighborhood today. There's a limit to what
one should tie up in a non-productive asset such as a house, (or a boat). Like
some of the locations in Suburbia, many urban neighborhoods also present an
ethnic reflection of the way that wealth is distributed in our society.

Difference is, we're smart enough to know that all the "smart people" don't
live in Suburbia, or in "Urbia", either. :-)