JohnH

On 12 Nov 2004 18:18:54 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

If you visited the school districts in suburbia, you would be surprised how
diverse they are.

Seems that not all that long ago we had an OT post here from a guy who lives in
Suburbia. As I recall, he was outraged that
"Mexicans" were living in a house in his neighborhood, and he was all but
completely convinced they had to be up to no good in order to afford the
payments. As I recall, the plaintiff went so far as to check property records
with the county to see whether the property was registered to somebody with a
Mexican sounding surname.

Ain't as integrated as you think, but it is somewhat. See the word "primarily"
in my observation. The more expensive, cutting edge suburban neighborhoods will
present an ethnic reflection of the way wealth is held in the US. Those
"suburban" neighborhoods closer to town, built 25-30 years ago, do seem to be
slightly more diverse.

Had nothing to do with their country of origin, had to do with their
habits, and the number of people and cars for one house and yard. Get
off your high horse, Chuck, it's not becoming.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!