Ragdoll

Default Priming a jet boat?

"Boatriggr" wrote in message

You can get an electric prime system installed. See you dealer/mechanic.
The Sportjet in considered an inboard and primer bulbs are not C.G.

approved
and cannot be used.
You have to be careful with fuel/fumes!
I suggest opening the engine hatch during initial start for max

ventilation.
Some folks prime them by cranking 10 secs or so at a time using the choke,
letting the starter rest a minute and repeating.

BR

Thanks for your response. We really appreciate it. I showed this post to
hubby, who pointed out that this is 120hp, not 90hp (probably completely
irrelevant, but you know how you guys are about your power, no matter
how small the difference. :-)) Anyway, he says we don't have a 'choke'. Is
that possible, or are we just unaware of it? The manual says we have an
'automatic enrichener', for starting a cold engine, and mentions nothing
about a choke. We'll definitely try opening the hatch, however. If there
is
some way to choke it, and you can tell us how, that would be great!
Regardless, we appreciate the time you took to respond to our question.

Rags