Ragdoll

Default Priming a jet boat?

"RG" wrote in message
news:W2jUa.18913$Bp2.11778@fed1read07...

Your little 90hp Merc inboard is really an outboard motor, mounted

inboard.
And since it is an outboard motor, that means I know next to nothing about
it. However, I do know that many outboard motors of that size often have

sqeezeable primer bulb in the fuel line between the tank and the motor.

Not
sure if your Sea Rayder has one, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. I
suspect your dealer is telling you to squeeze the primer bulb to prime the
motor with fuel. Look for a black egg-shaped rubbery bulb, probably close
to the fuel pump. Squeeze the bulb multiple times until you start to feel
pressure building in the bulb. Then try and start the motor.

Although Boatriger's post seems to suggest that there is no 'bulb', we'll
certainly look for one, anyway. I've read about the 'pumping' on some
info for outboards. My darling husband pointed out that this is a 120hp,
not a 90hp, but I seriously doubt that's relevant. This little boat is
basically a big, fat waverunner. ;-) Thanks so much for your time.
We really appreciate the response!

Rags