William R. Watt

Walt ) writes:

* batteries will be inside the cabin (ie, emissions from the battery
could be a porblem)

not with sealed batteries

* batteries my sit for weeks - maybe even a month at very cold temps

not a problem. batteries discharge very little if at all when cold. that's
why cold starting is so much of a problem. my car sits mostly idle all
winter and the battery is fine. one winter I brought the battery indoors
thinking it might run down or freeze and the damned thing discharged on
me. you can disconnect the battery if you supect leakage due to a ground on
your boat. you can test for leakage with an ammeter.

* charge at up to 50 amps

ouch!

you can take a battery home in the car to charge it up.
modern sealed batteries won't leak fluid in yoru car.
just don't let a battery roll over. that will kill it.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm