Joe

DSK wrote in message . ..
(Bobsprit) wrote
Your boat sucks IF.....
It's PHRF is over 100 on average

What's an "average" PHRF?

Joe wrote:
All except age. I'm smart enough to maintain a vessel. I do not need
new, I have the best buildt.

A lot of times brand new boats have much less to offer than 2nd hand ones.

Are all your thruhulls Monel?

Nope, not needed or desirable... except on a metal hulles boat, maybe.

standard on submarines. All mine are as well as the rudder post, shoe,
and board pin and supports.

Full Keel w board?

What's desirable about a full keel w- board? Worst of both worlds...
slow, can't point, poor handling, ballast not as low...

Draft from 4.5ft to 11ft?

4.5' ?? Too deep.

For ponds maybe

Charts?

Umm, yeah.

Probably some people go sailing without charts, but I'm not one of them.

Me neither. I rather have a chart then any electronic gadget.

300 gal fuel? 1100 mile min range

Phooey. 450 gal and we can go 1800 miles.

Pay attention Doug. I said MIN 1100 miles. Thats moter only no wind.
Most likely I can go 3 times that distance if I have any wind.

175 gal water?

Watermaker?

Not yet. Will get one before heading out into the Pacific.

100HP main?

135... not that we really need it. The boat would be better off IMHO
with 90 HP.

Deisel Gen?

yep.

55 ft main mast?

nope. But it's a plus IMHO, we can go under 14' air draft.

Tougboat

Mizzen mast?

Nope.. but I could put one on if we wanted...

Might be handy

DSK

Joe