Figment

"Ed Price" wrote in message
news:GKGkd.98115$kz3.19876@fed1read02...

"BrianR" wrote in message news:418f3d43$0$758

To the citizens of the United States of America:

Shouldn't you blokes be working on a Northern Ireland solution first?

Ed

I'm amazed that this thread has gone on so long, it was only intended as
a bit of light relief.
I assumed people would have a sense of humour, see it for what it was,
have a laugh and then move on..

Great idea Brian.

Next time you see a thread that needs limiting, you could really help us
all by immediately posting a reply limit. What do you think best, limiting
the number of reply levels, or some kind of cut-off after a certain number
of posters have become involved?

Maybe you could go even further, assigning a posting limit to individual
Usenet posters. I guess the only practical way to do this would be to
regulate Usenet by issuing Participants' Licenses. Of course, as the
administrator, you would need unlimited posting rights.

Ed

Ed

I've just read my last message again, and can't see where you think I
suggested limiting the thread.

I just said "I'm amazed that this thread has gone on so long, it was only
intended as a bit of light relief. I assumed people would have a sense of
humour, see it for what it was, have a laugh and then move on".
Alternatively they could have just ignored it.

Best Regards,
Brian