JAXAshby

over-the-knee, you make a loser flip-flop politician look good by comparison.
so, which it is, o-t-k? making harbor at night is good or bad? keep in the
mind the original poster was asking about making an unknown harbor, but expand
the definition to include any harbor you wish, including your bathtub.

From: otnmbrd
Date: 11/10/2004 9:30 PM Eastern Standard Time

Always good advice. If you are not familiar with a particular landfall,
never be afraid to hold off or at least do a few "round turns" until you
can feel comfortable with your position and route of approach .... even
with those you are normally familiar with.
Even with GPS, radar, your visual/ mental sense of what is around you
and where you are, is extremely important to your "comfort factor" when
navigating in any restricted or close quarters.

otn

Rosalie B. wrote:
snip

We do go into some inlets after dark and don't go into others. Miami
is pretty well lit and well marked. Lucaya is not and has some
uncharted and unlit buoys. So even though we have a previous track on
the computer, I would not go in at night.

grandma Rosalie