Scott Sexton

In article ,
says...
On 10 Nov 2004 11:55:08 -0800,
(Parallax)
wrote:
My hand compass is not lighted and it
would have blinded me to take such a bearing so I used the GPS. I
completely forgot about simply pointing the boat at the object in
question and using the dimly lighted boat compass.

You know, it strikes me that you could very easily wire an AAA battery
to a pair of glasses frames, attached to a single red LED of the
appropriate voltage. This would make a great "night light" for pelorus
bearings and brief looks at charts.

Would look dorky, of course, but I am looking for a functional
five-dollar solution here, not the next $59 special at West Marine:
"NightSailor Vision Goggles!"

R.

I've been using a red Photon MicroLight on a lanyard around my neck for
that. They are only ~$20 and if you wear glasses or a hat they have a
clip that can be attached.

www.photonlight.com

I just checked with the manufacturer and the 3 and Freedom are both
fairly water resistant.

Scott H. Sexton help@
www.sexton.com sexton.com
Eeyore's Birthday Party eeyore.sexton.com