P.Fritz

"Gary Warner" wrote in message

"P. Fritz" wrote in message
Probably in the 2-3 k range.

I would not go with the slant back....spend the money for a camper back
or get a mooring cover.

Why do you say?

The thing is we almost never need a mooring cover. Usually the boat is
either
in use or at home under a shelter. Really we just need the bimini. The
only
reason for the slant back is on that rare occasion - say we're on
vacation -
that the boat is not in use but not home under cover. Then it would be
nice to have something to cover her up a little. And just adding the
slant back is probably cheaper than a full mooring cover. ~~

Is there some reason you don't like / think the slant back is worth it?

Just a difference in the way you and I use our boats. Mine is a bit
bigger......28 ft. and sits in a slip through the season. The slant back
doesn't give you much room if it is raining or cold. (or someone sleeping on
the back deck.) Boats in slips sit out all the time, and using a mooring
cover extends the life of the bimini canvas. The price is scaled back from
the estimates I have gotten to replace mine......new top, side curtains, and
camper backer are going to put be back about 4-5k next spring.

Thanks,
Gary