Calif Bill

I paid $225 2 years ago for the replacement cover, and another $250 for new
side curtains. The cover was made in Oregon when I got my boat repainted.
Was supposed to have included zippers to hook up the side curtains I had.
When I got home, no zippers and the top was a little higher, so the old,
good shape curtains would not fit. New curtains are nicer. I have a camper
back and the few times I have used it while winter sturgeon fishing, really
liked it. Is eisenglass, so see through. I also have a mooring / trailer
cover in Topgun fabric that was $750.

"P. Fritz" wrote in message
Probably in the 2-3 k range. I would not go with the slant

back....spend
the money for a camper back or get a mooring cover.

"Gary Warner" wrote in message

I talked to an upholsterer today about making a bimini top for
Delilah. (He's done many boats). I know, especially after
all our work restoring our boat, that no project is as small or
easy as it seems. And I realize that quality work takes time
and skill. I don't mind paying for that. But still, the quote I
got seems high to me.

I plan on going to some other people in this area for comparisons
but was wondering what people here on rec.boats would
"guestimate" for a price on this.

The Job:
- A bimini cover for our 22 foot Chris Craft.
- Width probably 8 or 9 feet.
- Length of main bimini probably 5 or 6 feet.
- The cover would come up from the windshield.
- Held up by one set of posts.
- Also removeable (zippered) sides that attach to side windows.
- Also what this guy called a "convertable" back.
Basically a length of cloth (8 or 9 feet) that connects (zipperes)

the back edge of the bimini. It slants down and snapps to the boat
behind the back steats. This part is not really to be used when

the
boat is being used. It's there so that the entire boat is enclosed
when it's being docked somewhere.

- Sunbrella material
- Stainless Steel 7/8" tubing

I'll try to find some pictures that show what we want. Until then,

here
are pictures of the our boat to give some little idea:
http://tinyurl.com/4coae

Thanks,
Gary