Jim Conlin

.... and consider what happens when you dump the jar of peanuts. IMHO, they're
a large nuisance and i'd prefer teak planking.

Doug Dotson wrote:

Although they look very nautical, ours has turned out to be a PITA.
It is uncomfortable on bare feet (not an often occurrance but it does
happen) and they are a bear to strip and refinish. A slat floor looks
almost as nice and is easier to maintain.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Gerald Atkin" wrote in message
I would like to add a teak cockpit grate to my Dana 24 and would like
suggestions, ideas, etc. on how to approach this. I see there are "kits"
of
sort that allow one to assemble a grate as opposed to having a custom
grate
made to fit. Any thoughts? Would appreciate advice on sources to explore.

Thanks

Jerry