Gould 0738

Default Which of you Dems hacked Google ??

I'd say he does...or you must not think very highly of Yale and Harvard.

Don't confuse education with intelligence.
Education will develop intelligence, but it cannot bring fruit from a sterile
field.
Daddy could have bought a degree for Jr. from any school in the country. At
least he picked presitgious schools.

Bush actually *may* be reasonably intelligent in some apsects. Intelligence has
many facets. Whatever his other skills might be, even the most devout apologist
has to admit that Bush's *verbal* IQ is certainly under the average rating of
100.
Unfortunately, language is the currency of diplomacy and Bush is not
presidential in his command of grammar, vocabulary, and syntax.

Where'd you get your degree(s) from, Chuck?

I probably have less formal education than anybody else you ever converse with-
your Cubano pool boy included. My education ended halfway through my senior
year in high school. Our high school principal was a big wig on the local draft
board- and he had a general hard-on for liberal, anti-war students. I got
searched for drugs many times, and the administration was always disappointed
when they couldn't find any.
I finally got pressured out after being considered one of the ringleaders in an
unauthorized, six-week field trip to Haight Ashbury..(may have been a shred of
truth to that)...but much to the dismay of the draft board principal I had
already accumulated more than enough credits to graduate. In exchange for a
pledge never to set foot on campus again and in light of my accumulated
credits, I became a HS graduate the following June. :-)

Went to a laid-back, alternative, you might say "veeeery relaxed" jr. college
for a few months. What a sad deal. Most of the people there were simply taking
up space to qualify for student deferment from the draft. Not my scene. I quit
to be a struggling, sometimes lucky enough to be working musician. Got a part
time job teaching blues piano. Worked in a car wash when I had to. Wouldn't a
missed those years for the world.

Even so, Ive never stopped learning. So what purpose would a piece of paper
stating that I knew "enough" about some subject or another actually serve?
Never needed a degree to make a darn good living with my wits, but I've almost
always worked on the rowdy edges of acceptable society rather than in a
mainstream occpation. :-)