Don White

"John S" wrote in message

There is a lot more to learn about hypothermia than just dressing warm.

Did
you know that if you take a fall into freezing water your body may
involuntarily gasp for air sucking water into your lungs? Without a life
jacket, you could well be gone.

Hypothermia has often been called "The Killer of the Unprepared." It is

also
the number one killer of many outdoor sports enthusiasts.

I sea kayak in cold weather and believe me, hypothermia is a concern and a
real and present danger. Anyone that boats on cold water should know the
perils.

I'll not be egged into an argument with you though.

Have a nice day.

Around here they say half the people would survive half an hour in 50 deg F.
water. Our ocean water gets much cooler than that in the winter.