MikeG

In article , says...
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that has had that happen. For
me I saw a white light astern coming over the horizon. No problem. A little
bit later I saw a lower white lig

Ok, now you've done it. War story time from an old bosun's mate..

I forget which particular ocean it was in, Med, Caribbean, North
Atlantic, South Atlantic, Aegean, take your pick.

In any case, I was standing watch on the right wing of the bridge one
night when the left wing lookout reported a, well, for want of a better
description, UFO off the port bow. The OD checked with CIC and they had
nothing on radar, he asked me if I saw it, which I didn't. He went out
on the wing, nothing, checked with CIC again, still nothing. I think he
was a little worried because we had been playing chicken with a couple
of Russian "trawlers" for most of the day.

I did see something out over the port bow but held my piece and let the
dance go on for about fifteen minutes before I let the OD off the hook
by telling him I strongly suspected the UFO reported was the full moon
that had come up over the horizon. It was.

--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods