NOYB

Default Zogby Poll: No economic rebound

If they're salaried, then how do they get "12 paid Holidays"!?!? They have
a set salary...and they get 12 days off. That's very different from the
"paid holidays" an hourly employee receives...and the "20 paid sick days" is
a farce as well.

The benefits you offer are decent...but anybody with a brain knows that you
don't advertise "paid holidays" to salaried employees...'cause they'll see
right through it.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.ded1eabc0c5696a7ff4fda793dc8b3f5@107 0575629.cotse.net...
NOYB wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.7137d24bc0c32b167f6e9eb8977e34c2@107 0562212.cotse.net...
NOYB wrote:

Are you providing full health insurance and retirement plan

benefits...or
are you emulating Wal-Mart?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I'm doing my part to ease unemployment. I'm hiring another

writer for
my
staff. Will be putting the ad on MONSTER.COM and in the Wash Post.

We have first-class benefits, including a top-of-the-line health
insurance plan,

BC/BS PPO.

a non-contributory defined-benefit pension plan, a 401k,

Simple IRA

and a life insurance policy equal to annual salary.

Same

We contribute a
share of profits to the 401k on behalf of the employee.

That's compulsory to most plans.

Our employees
pay $4.50 for generic prescriptions and $8.00 for non-generics,

$10 and $15

but
that's going up next year to $10 and $15. New employees get two weeks
vacation the first year

1 week

and that goes to three weeks the third year.

2 weeks year 2, 3 weeks year three

In
addition, we have 12 paid holidays and we shut down from noon on
Christmas eve to the day after New Year's Day.

5 paid holidays

We also provide 20 days
of paid sick leave a year.

Paid? Every year? I call "bull****". With 3 weeks vacation, 12 paid
holidays, and 20 paid sick days that's 47 *paid* days off every year.

Are
they hourly employees? For a "small business", that's the road to
bankruptcy.

Boy...and you had me going there for a minute.

The 20 paid sick days aren't part of the "paid" days off unless those
days are used. None of our people abuses sick leave. In fact, no one as
yet has even come close to using 20 sick days in one year. They're there
in case they're needed.

Our employees are salaried; no one gets paid by the hour.