Dave Hall

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:06:19 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On 8 Nov 2004 05:50:38 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

Eisboch wrote in message ...
Gene Kearns wrote:

1200 baud, indeed. I was one of the poor kids on the block using the
300 baud acoustical modem.

Honey, don't pick up the phone, ok??? Oh, sh*t.... not again....

I had 1200 baud capability because I sprung for the latest and greatest
CPU - a brand new shiny I-286 running Geoworks. (The original "windows"
based software, before Microsoft came along)

Eisboch

I ran Autocad on a 286 with Geoworks! I remember saying to myself that
this graphical interface stuff can't possibly make it, it uses to much
ram to run that stuff, compared to DOS. I think I was wrong!

You won't believe a word of what I'm about to say, but it wasn't up
until 2000/01 that I started using a mouse.

I still use control, alt and tab to move around Windows quite a bit.

I'm with you. I cut my teeth using a text based interface, and old
habits die hard. Not until I could no longer do what I wanted in a dos
window, that I reluctantly embraced a GUI. Now I'm quite used to it.

Dave