Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 14:51:03 GMT

On 2004-11-07
(Folklorekiller) said:
All this Top Posting, Bottom Posting Crap is just that, Crap....
It is nothing more than a simple convention, that made sense, back
in the days of Dos OS's, Charactor Displays, and 300 baud Modems.
It has no relative purpose on todays Internet, with DSL, Cable,

rest of drivel snipped
It has _everything_ to do with making it possible to follow a
thread once more than 2 people have posted to it.
Writing from the top to the bottom of a page is "only a convention".
Driving on the correct side of the road is "only a convention"
No doubt you read books backwards, or pages from the bottom, or
drive on the wrong side of the road.
You myopic imbecile.

NO it's an excuse for being too lazy to learn to use whatever editor
is bundled with his reader software. YEs I got my start back in the
days of FIdonet, still using a dos box on the internet with a 28.8
modem, won't do dsl until my LInux box is ready. I'll still bottom
post no matter what method I use to access the net as it makes reading
easier.

HEy most of the top posters are too lazyto trim all the necessary
verbiage including sig files and brag lines from the posts they're
replying to, if they top post they just save and send away not
thinking about how many miles of crap they leave which we get to
download again and again ad nauseum.

I'll still read posters with relevant content in threads I follow no
matter where they post, but it sure makes it easier when folks trim
their posts and place their comments after the text to which they're
responding. ESpecially where in my case I look in on a group such as
this one only occasionally. Makes it nice to see what I've missed of
a thread that may be relevant.

73

Richard Webb, amateur radio callsign nf5b
active on the Maritime Mobile service network, 14.300 mhz
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

--

A good captain is one who is hoisting his first drink in a
bar when the storm hits.