Wayne.B

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:57:17 -0500, "Bryan" wrote:
You might consider laying off shore till morning or trying to time your
arrival for daylight. I won't go in at night unless I've been there during
the day and am familiar with the harbor.

That's good advice for a tricky entrance or a poorly equipped boat.
With good electronic charting and/or radar it's usually not that
difficult however. One of the problems in many inlets however is that
the buoys are not charted because of constant change to the channel.
That's definitely a reason to wait for daylight in my opinion.