felton

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 22:34:44 GMT, "John Cairns"
wrote:

OzOne wrote in message ...
The USCG is now stopping foreign registered vessels transiting their
water to Cuba?
Ya gotta be kidding me!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

CG has been boarding vessels in the Caribbean for years, doesn't matter
where they're registered or if they're in international waters.
John Cairns

I think it may be dicey getting there by boat, but it is still
possible to fly in from Canada, Mexico or other non US "gateways", as
far as I know. I must admit that I have a desire to go, probably just
because the government doesn't allow it I dated a Cuban gal for
several years and I sort of developed an interest in the area. I have
this crazy belief that we Americans should be free to travel
regardless of the desires of a certain group of Florida residents who,
by the way, ARE allowed to travel down there. Screw that.

It looks like I could catch a flight from Mexico. Maybe I'll send GWB
a postcard if I go, and just to be on the safe side, I'll sign it from
Joe in crayon.

http://www.cubalinda.com/

In case anyone wants to book a tour.

A semi-unrelated item. I highly recommend the movie The Motorcycle
Diaries, currently out. It is an interesting look at South America in
1952 as seen by Ernesto "Che" Guevara's and reported in his journals.
Great flick. Two thumbs up, for those of us with thumbs