Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:54:47 +1100, "GC"
wrote:

I have an old Johnson V4, 90 HP. The year is about 1975.
I don't know what its like in other countries, I'm in Australia....

I currently fill my tank with Leaded (or LRP-lead replacement) petrol plus
50:1 mix of 2 stoke oil.

It seems that the petrol stations are going to stop selling Leaded and LRP
petrol shortly (some already have) so I'm a little worried about how I'm
going to get petrol for my boat.
I've heard about additives that can be put in to Unleaded Petrol for cars,
but does the same apply for 2 stroke engines???
In another place where I raised these questions, some people were saying
that I can use Premium Unleaded and it has a higher Octane level....
But i'm still a bit unclear about this and I'm trying to get as many peoples
opinions as possible... maybe people who have already made the
conversion????
Other people have mentioned things like the engine would need to be
modified??

Increasing the octane reading is one solution and seems to work. I
have two antique cars, one high performance and one pickup truck and
use the following with great success.

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_f...p?productID=64

I jack the octane up mid-grade and add in this stuff - in my 54 year
old pickup, you'd never know it was unleaded gas. With the Corvette,
it's premium anyway, but this helps keep the odd noises down in the
engine compartment. :)

I believe it's available in Europe and it might be available in
Australia. You can try and call these people and find out where the
product is stocked.

Red Line Oils PTY Ltd.
Osborne Park, Australia, 89-446-4455

Good luck.

All the best,

Tom

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004