John S

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 13:39:25 -0500, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message

Bush fared best among those who said moral values were the most
important issue, and among those who said terrorism two of the top
issues.

You guys can spin this any way you want if it makes you feel better. The
"moral values" term was put into the exit polls by someone, and the left is
now seizing on it to rationalize everything.

Paint it as a victory for religious zealots if you wish, but the facts and
the reality remain clear to those who observe and think. There is no
looming theocracy, no mandated church attendance, no crackdown of thought
police. These are the rantings of the whackos.

The plain truth is that the preponderance of the American People -- ordinary
folk who work, pay their taxes, and try to raise their kids into good,
responsible citizens -- have observed the direction in which their country
has been drifting through a variety of social issues, and stood up to say
"Enough"! Enough of having norms and mores dictated to us by the North-East
"intelligentsia", Academia, and Hollywood. Enough of abortion on demand as
a simple and convenient birth control device. Enough of the idea that my 13
year-old daughter ought to be able to procure a government funded abortion
without any communication at all with us, her parents. Enough of those who
would invoke expensive and generous government support programs for those
merely without the inclination or self-control to protect themselves.
Enough of those who would prohibit a simple Christian prayer at the start of
the school day and remove the words "under God" from the Pledge of
Allegiance in an overwhelmingly Christian nation, all under the guise of
constitutionally required "separation", but enforce involuntary in-school
"familiarization" with the religions of other. Enough of these so-called
recording "artists" who saturate our children with lyrics about f-ing their
bitches and killing cops, and are then put forth as the real American
character and as legitimate commentators on the national social environment.
Enough of this high-blown arrogance that would have us as ignorant country
bumpkins solely on the strength of our disagreement with your
pseudo-sophisticated notions that every sort of behavior is OK, that no one
should be held accountable for anything they do. We are good people, with
plain truths and solid values. There are more of us than there are of you,
and our numbers are growing. We will no longer be dictated to by
self-impressed cousins.

This is the message of 2004. The message that the Democrat Party is trying
desperately to mask and ignore, for in it, absent compelling change, lies
their demise.

Thanks for putting into words what so many of us feel in our hearts.

Regards
John S

Kerry shot his goose in Ohio and had it cooked there too!