Joe

(Thom Stewart) wrote in message ...
Scotty,

Now, if I remember rightly, Hudson is just across the Hudson River from
NYC. What the Hell were you cleaning up in that area that is so
pristine? Why did you have to ship the crap away to pollute another
Area?

Why didn't you put it a a barge and ship it around from port to port
like that other barge from NYC? By the way I never did hear the ending
of that story. Does anyone know what became of that Barge? The last I
heard it was down in Joe's area.

It went back to Islip NY Ole Thom.

Capt Duffy who was master of the tug was an old friend of mine. He's
a coonass and we worked together towing and setting anchors on several
drilling rigs in the Gulf while working for a company named Point
Marine.

He was really ****ed off about the whole situation. Boats full of
reporters coming up to the tug and giving him all kinds off hell over
it day and night, he was just going where the company told him to go
and had no say what so ever in the cargo or the destination. He almost
got fired on the spot in NY harbor when he & the crew signed up with a
maritime union based up north. He was amazed how many crew members
were on the tugs in the NY harbor. He had a crew of 3 while most of
the same sized NY locals had crews of 6 or 7.

Joe

Ole Thom