Capt. Mooron

"John Cairns" wrote in message

As you know, "smog" levels are dependent on many factors aside from the
actual tonnage of pollutants spewed into the atmosphere in a given
location.

Oh excatly John... the amount of pollutant you create in no way determines
the condition of the envirnoment directly responsible!

As an aside, I think you would find that the number of "environmentally
aware" individuals is greater in a place like NYC than bucolic settings
like the Pacific Northwest.

Oh I couldn't agree more... those Liberal, Enviromental Strongholds...
pruported to infest the West Coast.... is just a ruse to detract attention
from the Enviromentally Sensitive East Coat Wall Street Tree Huggers!

One last point, you can live out in the boonies and
convince yourself that you're not part of the problem, but as a consumer,
this just isn't so.

How astute of you John... in retrospect, how could a farmer even dare
question the far superior standards of minimalist power consumption,
recycling, organic foods and extremely low emission standards set by your
average city dweller?!! The audacity of that position alone repulses me.

Thanks once again for utilizing your above average intellect and superior
reasoning skills to set us straight on this topic. I only wish to one day
attain your level of mental acuity and clarity of thought.

CM