gonefishiing

yes you are correct.
I also spend a great deal of time on the sound. (with the exception of this
year) and it is a big deal.
Are these the lawsuits that were filed against some municpalities?
if they were and if my memory serves me, they also included parts of CT?
if i am not mistaken, i believe it was Spitzer that brought the lawsuits,
perhaps under pressure from Clinton/Schumer.........not sure.

my understanding is that part of the problem involves under designed (for
current population) storm facilities. these are not accidents. they are
delibrate. this i can prove (offline)

"Accidental Dumping"
in most towns and cities here, we have combined storm and sewer systems,
something which is no longer permitted (at least in westchester for new
development--FACT) when we have severe rainfall, the storm water overwhelms
the treatment facilities and they are currently forced to handle the
capacity by dumping.
it is a physical reality and limitation of an old world.

Westchester County has and is making rreal strides in adressing what it can
and has in place something known as "best water management pratices"
there are cumbersome and "complex" proceedural measures in place.
these days every muncipality that i have dealt with, enforces this.
this was not so until recently. it's focus is primarily storm water, flood
plains, sewer and septic. i am only famalair with it as it relates to
building development.........but i believe it involves corrective measures
as well.

as related to Hillary: the lawsuits are perhaps a first step, but they will
not prevent any further "accidents" unless Federal, State and Local $$ are
provided to update facilites. the dollars involved are far more than any of
these localities can handle. it is a complex problem.

not withstanding her stature as a Jr. Senator............her process and
vision is admirable but incomplete and there are many people that have done
far more than her in protecting the waters of NY. The Lobster Fisherman are
but one example of a more effective and complete process. and they aren't
even Jr. Senators, just a bunch of guys with boats and a livelyhood to
protect.

gf.

Dumping on the sound has been a problem every year with the same old
"accident"
story. Hillary was so vocal about it that something finally happened and
real
suits were filed. Since I spend a great deal of the summer sailing this is
not
a small issue to me. I don't imagine it would be small for you either.

RB