Rod McInnis

Default Revised COLREGS bell requirements

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
A surveyor has no business in this kind of thing.

Why do you say that?

I have had several surveys done, and each time I had the option of a
"limited" survey focusing on a specific item or a "general" survey that
covered overall value, integrity and condition.

The insurance company is going to want the overall survey, and they will
want to know that the vessel has all the "recommended" safety equipment,
which is often over and above the required list. In order to provide such a
survey to the insurance company, the surveyor DOES have the business of
being in this kind of thing.

Rod McInnis