Vito

"gonefishiing" wrote .

a streak of paranoia vito?

Maybe but paranoia doesn't mean they're not out to get you. I was a young
man in the 50's and 60's and saw the changes that came from SCotUS decisions
on privacy - decisions the radical christian right have promised to reverse.
And all those laws that made the nifty fifties so miserable ARE still there
waiting to be enforced once that happens.

"Pro-Life" is their smokescreen, used because the sneaky *******s know most
people would turn against them if they admitted they oppose not only
abortion but birth control and sex for any purpose other than making babies.
In the early 60's a married couple got 20 years each when police photo'd
them performing an "unnatural act" (a BJ) thru their bedroom window - and
that law is still there!! Norfolk, Va police regularly knocked on
hotel/motel doors to demand marriage licenses and if you forgot to bring
yours you went to jail. The SCotUS did NOT remove these laws, it simply made
them unenforcable by declaring enforcement a violation of our god-given
right to privacy. Reverse that and guess what'll happen - just like before.

And that is exactly what the people who put Bush in office want!