Caribmon

We have key people who are completely bilingual so Portuguese is not
as critical as one thinks. A lot of high end buying takes place in the
US (often factory direct and import duty free).

They key is labour. Where else are you going to get a professional
lamination crew with marine experience of five men for US$800 a month
for all of them? The lack of any EPA breathing down a builder's neck
is also cost saving.

The craftsmen here are excellent and technologically, Brazil is not in
the stone age, with a rocket going off into space last month, enriched
uranium and commercial jets that compete with Boeing and Airbus.

Ten days after picking up anchor in front of the yard, you could be in
the Caribbean with the boat - so the market is not very far.

Richard Kastelein
www.avanteyachts.com/resumes

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message news:aszhd.58190$UA.23437@lakeread08...
Tempting but I don't speak Portuguese and there is always the basic axiom
that the way you make a million in the boatbuilding business is to start
with two. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore