Dave Hall

Default Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!!

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

What? You've got to be kidding. That would drive me nuts if I had to
listen to that for hours on end....

Dave

I kid you not. At first, I wondered if my 50 year old hearing had begun

lose some of its directional sensitivity. But, last time I was at WM, my

14
yr old son & two friends were with me. They focused on the sources and

sure
enough, it was coming from the PA system. You know the 120 decibel

French
fry timers at McDonalds? Lower the level a bit, but multiply by however

many
registers are beeping.

That's nuts! What possible legitimate use could that possibly have?

Somebody apparently thinks it makes the store sound "festive", like one of
our malls where there are three different sets of holiday music playing in
different "branches" of the walkway. If you happen to be standing where the
walkways meet.....

More idiots in control.....

This is why a local reporter wrote last week "If there's anything that makes
me want to climb a tower with a rifle, it's the excessively early arrival of
holiday music". :-)

I agree. I look forward to and enjoy the Christmas season. But I
traditionally don't start celebrating it until Thanksgiving is
officially in the can. I don't start the music and the ornaments until
the first or second week in December. Any sooner than that, and I'm sick
of the whole thing by the time Christmas actually gets here. My wife is
a little more "festive" than I am, and it's tough to restrain her urges
to "deck the halls" (Literally) in the middle of November.

I look at it as desperation on the part of retailers who are just
leveraging the holidays for a fatter bottom line. It's a shame that the
true meaning of Christmas, and even the magical wonder that it holds for
a young child, is lost under mounds of commercial greed...

Dave